ANZAC Biscuits your family can enjoy
Celebration for ANZAC is surely unique this year because of the lock down yet there are many ways we can still celebrate, remember, and honor our heroes simply by creating these delicious ANZAC biscuits your family can surely enjoy doing.
•2 cups flour
•2 cups packed brown sugar
•2 cups rolled oats
•1 Cup desiccated coconut
•4 TBSP Golden Syrup
•2 TBSP Water
•1 tsp baking soda
· Set oven to 170C
· Sift Flour (oops I never do!) into a large mixing bowl and add brown sugar, rolled oats and coconut and mix well - I find if I use a whisk the lumps of unmixed brown sugar rise to the top so I can use my fingers to break this up.
· In a small saucepan heat the butter slowly until completely melted then and add the Golden Syrup and water. Once combined remove from the heat and add the baking soda - whisk together until completely combined.
· Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the butter mixture and combine the ingredients well. It may seem a little dry and crumbly but it will come together when you form the balls of mixture.
· Spray an oven tray with oil and greaseproof paper and roll tablespoons of the mixture well in your hands to form a ball - repeat with remaining mixture, set approx. 1.5 inches apart to allow for mixture to spread, there is no need to press down with a fork.
· If baking with two trays set your oven to multi-bake and you can bake all of them a the same time!
· Bake biscuits for approximately 10-12 minutes - until they just begin to turn golden brown then remove from oven - they will firm up on standing. Mine were left a minute or two too long today! Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the tray then remove to a wire rack until completely cool.
· Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Do you need to download the printable recipe? Click here > ANZAC Biscuit Recipe